UIARunner from 0.8.0 Preview 2 has a bug that is easy to work around, but It is difficult to find out this workaround.
The bug in fact is a combination of two bugs:
- UIARunner failed to load its autoexec file called UIARunner.ps1 if the application is in a folder with spaces in the path, i.e., Program Files. There weren’t added quotes.
- error reporting in the grid couldn’t display the right error
Even though it’s avoidable, it’s better to publish 0.8.0 Preview 3. Now, it works as
- The UIARunner.ps1 autoexec file can be loaded from any folder
- Binaries (UIAutomation.dll and TMX.dll) are loaded before the autoexec script
- Grid and the report file provide an error’s description, for example, execution policy is set to Restricted.